If you're having any issues with your concealed thermostatic shower, such as the shower not mixing water and only running cold or hot water, then this quick troubleshooting guide should hopefully resolve your problems.
The most common causes of a valve not mixing properly are:
- Debris in the system resulting in blocked filters and preventing the correct function of the thermostat
- Lime scale build up in filters or on thermostat capsule
- Incorrect pressures - both hot and cold pressures must be equal
Typically, these issues are resolved by carrying out one of the following actions:
- Removing the thermostat, flushing water through without the thermostat fitted to remove any debris
- Removing the thermostat, cleaning the filters and thermostat capsule using a soft brush and warm water
- Fit a pressure reducer to higher pressure supply or fit a pump to lower pressure supply to achieve the minimum working pressure of the mixer
Please see the video below which should assist you in removing the thermostatic cartridge from your shower valve. Please note, the design of your valve may differ from that shown in the video.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please ensure you TURN OFF the water supply before attempting to remove the thermostat.